- SoftBank backs Steven Mnuchin’s $2.5bn private equity fund
"There is almost no back and forth between Treasury secretary and financial businesses in Japan yet."
- Shinsei battle puts Japanese government in formidable dilemma
"Both sides should disclose their mid-term business plan."
- Japan's MUFG to sell part of U.S. unit to US Bancorp for about $7.3 bln -Nikkei
"This is in line with MUFG's domestic strategy. It is still not clear how they are planned to compete in larger transactions."
- Japan’s SBI makes hostile $1.1bn move on rival Shinsei
"This was quite a surprise. Shinsei still bear government capital that needs to be paid back. They have strengths in non-bank business. Not sure how SBI is willing to collaborate with them."
- SBI Holdings seeks up to 48% stake in Shinsei Bank in tender offer
- Japan's SBI Holdings to unveil tender offer for Shinsei Bank -Yomiuri
- PayPal acquires Japan’s Paidy for $2.7B to crack the buy now, pay later market in Asia
- Daiichi Sankyo Positions Its Covid Vaccine as a Booster in Japan
"Although it looks a bit slow, if they can create a vaccine that works better for Asians, it is a positive news."
- Corporate Japan opens wallet for Miracle Meat maker
"Japanese tend to take vegetarian protein, but still this article shows we are looking for healthier earth-friendly food."
- The best news Japan has had in years can save Yoshihide Suga
"Business activities are always proof of innovation. Shall keep an eye on both of them."
- More than $90 million in cryptocurrency stolen after a top Japanese exchange is hacked
"Unless regulated, this asset is quite difficult for investors to analyze."
- Japan’s VisasQ to Buy Coleman Research for $102 Million
"Another M&A activities."
- Houlihan Lokey Agrees to Buy Japan’s GCA in $595 Million Deal
"30% premium shows how Houlihan Lokey expect accelerating M&A activities in Japan."
- MGM Resorts Reveals Plans for $9 Billion Casino in Japan
"The project delay might have helped casino operators and promoters under this COVID situation."