- Japan’s online brokerages target Nomura’s retail business
- MUFG faces multibillion-dollar write-down on Indonesian bank
"Quoted value fell due to removal from MSCI index. This is quite an interesting case to consider what is a fair price. I believe value should be based on fundamentals, and market impact needs to be considered separately. How did the investment bank advise?"
- Global mutual fund operators zero in on Japan's trove of cash
"Currently, new launches are equity funds, as it is easier to cope with Japanese Investment trust Association rules. Hope this trend leads to better rule on bond/loan funds."
- Japan, France agree on aircraft parts partnership
"Air business is very important for Japan."
- Aircraft lessor SMBC faces delivery delay of 30 Boeing 737 Max planes
- UBS looks to Sumitomo Mitsui tie-up to crack Japanese wealth
"This is quite a pre-announcement. They targeting to establish the new company in 2020."
- Toshiba Memory to borrow 900 billion yen from a group of banks
"The company’s board has also decided to issue 300 billion yen worth of non-convertible-bond-type preferred stock to Development Bank of Japan Inc, taking the total amount of new financing to 1.2 trillion yen. "
- Japan’s Biggest Bank Offers Redundancy to Hundreds of Managers in London
- MUFG Bank to close 35% of Japan branches
- Masayoshi Son names Tokyo university AI professor to SoftBank board
"MASAYOSHI Son can't stop talking about how artificial intelligence is going to change the world."
- Nomura’s retreat again highlights how Japan’s banking behemoths struggle to succeed abroad
"Who would win and how?"
- Japan’s Megabanks Still Can’t Find Success Abroad
- Regional bank in Japan battles ultralow interest rates with wine bar and sea urchins
"They look too serious. Might transform to a real estate operating company?"