- Japan to invest $500 mln to manufacture advanced chips
"Good news for corporate Japan."
- Seven & i to sell Sogo & Seibu dept. stores to Fortress Investment
"If Fortress spends too much time and expenses on adding value to Yodobashi business, this wouldn't look like a real estate deal."
- SoftBank Is Said to Expect About $100 Million Loss on FTX Stake
- FTX Japan to Go Into 'Close-Only' Mode Following Regulator's Order to Suspend Operations
"Evaluating new business is always difficult. Rather than being too excited in new things, it is important to analyze business cash flow and legal/compliance aspects."
- Imabari buys into Hitachi Zosen’s engine business
"Not only Toshiba, we see ongoing consolidation projects which may impact productivity going forward."
- Japan’s Stanley Electric Inks Capital Alliance Agreement with Honda
"This is related to next generation and mobility business."
- Softbank's Rajeev Misra steps down as corporate officer and exec VP
"The way Mr. Son remunerate his employees might accelerate non-control of business risk. Thorough team discussions might work better."
- Japanese bank SMBC to launch US digital bank Jenius
"Japanese banks are eager to grow fee based businesses and high income businesses. Digital may help reduce cost."
- Toshiba and SoftBank show the limits of board power
- Kirin Turns to Health Care as Beer Business Draws Scrutiny
"This means that one of Japan's leading beer brewers recognized relying on the alcohol business as a risk."
- Nippon Steel buys LNG at highest price ever paid in Japan
"Energy and food security is critical for Japan. World resources should be fairly shared. Not a time to battle for specific countries."
- Panasonic Picks Kansas for $4 Billion Battery-Production Site
"Panasonic has joined the electric vehicle industry, like Sony. Maybe other Japanese electrics manufacturers would also join."
- Solar Startup’s Nitori Deal Shows Japan’s Corporate Energy Push
"The accumulation of such efforts will be important for investors and global warming."