- Sony's Next Big Thing in Tech Is Helping Honda Take On Tesla
"This collaboration will be a touchstone of whether the collaboration between automakers and technology companies can succeed in self-driving and electric vehicles."
- NTT Data Teaming Up With Toyota for Overseas Connected-Cars Push
"European car makers have a big share in the connected car market. It would be a tough challenge for Toyota and NTT Data."
- Japan’s Kyowa Kirin Eying $1 Billion Sale of Pharma Assets
"We should wait for more information, especially why they are selling."
- Internet Explorer shutdown to cause Japan headaches 'for months'
"Transition to web conferencing was faster than expected during the pandemic. Quite funny to read this."
- Top Toyota Supplier Denso Mulls $3 Billion Chip Unit Spinoff
"Semiconductor industry is an important industry nowadays. Whether they will split or not, I hope Desno leads Japan's semiconductor industry."
- Toshiba’s CEO Says Staying Public Is Still an Option as PE Firms Circle
"Toshiba's case is a representative traditional corporate Japan issue. Due to historical growth especially in the 70s, the company might again need to build innovative culture, entrepreneurial mindset under strong corporate governance."
- Astra, Daiichi Drug Study Raises Hope in Breast Cancer Fight
"I hope this new drug helps more people and saves their lives."
- Yen, Supply Chain Chaos Send Japan Manufacturers Home
"Covid, Ukraine invasion and inflation, many things have changed in this few years. Now is the turning point for Japanese manufacturers' supply-chain."
- SoftBank suffers historic loss with $27bn blow to Vision Fund
"When running a sector focused portfolio, flexible cash management and financing options are key to go through volatile environment."
- Toyota to halt 8 plants in Japan due to Shanghai COVID-19 lockdowns
"Stable supply chain is the most important thing for global economy. Covid was unexpected, but political tense needs to be solved through negotiations."