- Google to buy Japan payment startup for $182 mln-plus -Nikkei
"In Japan, member rankings are Rakuten Pay, PayPay, LINE Pay, dPay (Docomo) then auPAY."
- Private Equity Gears Up for the Siege of Japan Inc.
"Private equity should be classified as one of the important social functions in Japan."
- Cultured Milk, Corporate Culture and Investor Activism in Japan
"Companies are owned by shareholders. Not the managements. Toshiba is not somebody else's problem!"
- Japan FY 2020 cigarette sales dive on shift to vaping amid pandemic
"Looks good for environment, health and non-smokers."
- Toshiba management woes seen deepening after strong shareholder rebuke
"Again, Toshiba related article. This is such a representative old Corporate Japan case. If companies learn from this case, and create a real governance structure, investors should come back."
- Exclusive: Harvard wasn’t pressured over Toshiba, former Japan adviser says
"Who knows what the truth is. Out of the mouth comes evil…"
- Japan’s Toshiba promises to improve corporate governance
"Should keep an eye of this traditional corporate Japan paths."
- Tokyu Hotels has unveiled the world’s first hydrogen hotel in Japan
"This is a small initiative by a private company, but you can see things progressing."
- 7-Eleven parent to cut stake in home goods chain to focus on core
"In this case, the company is trying to focus on core business."
- Hitachi plans to invest $2.7bn in health care within three years
"This company is trying to diversify its business."