- Bain Capital raises $1 bln in first Japan-focused private equity fund-source
"More to come, more to action."
- Retailer Rakuten Beats Japanese Lenders at Digital Bank Game
"Not to forget that Rakuten is bearing a huge amount of cost to attract consumers."
- In Japan Inc, activist investors come in from the cold
"Clearly, we see more and more corporate actions."
- Norinchukin Bank Denies State-Backed Toshiba Bid Report
"It is important for Toshiba to select the most appropriate sponsor to restructure and grow their businesses."
- IHG signs Japan conversion deal
"This news brings light to hospitality sector."
- Toshiba receives offer from CVC to go private in $20bn deal
"If this size of deal is possible, Japan shall accelerate consolidation and focus on growth."
- Japan’s Biggest Bank Rebuilds Tokyo HQ for Post-Pandemic Work
"Encouraging direction shown by the largest mega bank. He looks serious to transform their core business to fee businesses."
- J-Power subsidiary to turn Virginia coal plant into solar-plus-storage facility
- Japan gathering information on Nomura, MUFG losses linked to U.S. client
"It will be a funny situation if BoJ and FSA announce risk measurement improvement plan before Nomura or Mitsubishi do."
- Hitachi to acquire U.S. software firm GlobalLogic for $9.6 billion
"We need both acquires and sellers to activate private equity businesses."
- Takeda Completes Sale of Japan Consumer Healthcare Business Unit to Blackstone
"Encouraging consolidation plan realising in Japan. Hopefully, Japanese private equity will be part of these activities."
- Japan’s Nomura flags $2 billion loss at U.S. unit, cancels bond issue
"This is part of Nomura or Credit Suisse core business risk. Would they introduce a new risk management policy?"