- Household spending rose at a record year-on-year pace before Japan's October tax hike
"The biggest contributor to the record increase was transportation and telecommunication expenditures."
- Japan’s Tight Labor Market Edges Down From Peak
"Note that the denominator is the number of people who are looking for jobs. Rate itself does not tell what's going on."
- Japan Must Either Open Up To Foreigners Or Face Economic Collapse
- Fear of retirement poverty drives Japanese to private pensions
"Fear can cause good catalyst to retail investor behavior."
- Japan’s Population Problem Is Straining Its Economy. The World Is Watching for a Solution
"Living in a town or city that provides good medical service, not too far from Tokyo shall make a lot of sence for retirees. "
- Culture and Startups in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 570,000 stores apply for consumption tax reward point program
"Coming soon consumption tax rate raise in Japan and acceleration of cash-less payments."
- Japan real wages drop for 7th straight month in July
- Making Tokyo more competitive
"A bilingual environment throughout Japan should help a lot."
- Japan as No. 1: The 21st-century version
"I would recommend this article to all Japanese workforce."
- Deficit Of Women Leaders Is A $750 Billion Problem For Japan
"It is not clear where $750bn came from, but an interesting story."