- Sony: JAPAN Studio to be “re-centered” to Team ASOBI to focus on a “single vision” and to build future Astro games
"ASOBI stands for playstation or playroom."
- Breakingviews - Unizo mess could make Japan M&A less hospitable
"Lone Star might not had breached any rules or law, but it questions about the managers fiduciary duty. Shocking. They may be kicked out from Japan."
- Canon Inc. -- Moody's downgrades Canon Inc. to Baa1; outlook changed to stable from negative
- Mizuho, LINE Increase Investments In Bid To Launch ‘Smartphone Bank’
- Japan PM Suga's cellphone cut call adds to BOJ's headaches
"Cutting telephone charges may be possible for carriers if they consolidate cell towers and transform to investible infrastructure assets. If retail invests in such assets, market may be activated."
- Distressed Japan Hotel Chain Unizo Sparks Hedge Fund Battle
- Bain Capital Boosts Japan Staff by 25% as Competition Grows
- Apple supplier Dialog Semiconductor snapped up by Japanese tech giant for $6 billion
- A new golden age for Japanese entrepreneurs
"This is a good point. Human Capital and vision."
- Shiseido has positioned premium skin beauty as its core business
"More and more companies have started to use private equity funds to rebalance business portfolio. Good news for both investors and managers. Challenges for Japanese PEs are to build strong pipeline with global potential buyers."