- Chief economist update: The BOJ needs to run faster to stay in the running
- Bank of Japan keeps monetary policy on hold
- Japan has its own form of populism and we can learn from it
"Totally agreed opinion. Higher productivity and asset recycling are essential."
- Economist expects limited impact from Japan's October tax hike
"It is important to provide lending options to the younger generations who have to spend. Elder people spending may fall further."
- Japan's regulators boost scrutiny of financial firms' foreign assets
- Dissenting voice on BOJ board calls for preemptive monetary easing
- BOJ policymaker warns about the dangers of more easing, hinting at rift on board
- Japan's negative interest rates may have backfired: Fed paper
"Why would households spend more money when they cannot even expect fair interest income."
- Japan's regulatory chief urges BOJ to consider impact of easing on banks
"Flat yield-curve means zero time- value, means no more need for banking service !?"
- In wake of uproar over pension system, Japan to draw up fresh report on post-retirement financing
"The intention of the report was to tell people an extra 20m yen will make peoples' life richer. It was strange for opposition parties to regard this as a political issue."
- The Bank of Japan risks falling out of sync on global easing
"Households are worried about VAT increase in a zero interest rate environment. Further stimulus look to have no impact."