- In wake of uproar over pension system, Japan to draw up fresh report on post-retirement financing
"The intention of the report was to tell people an extra 20m yen will make peoples' life richer. It was strange for opposition parties to regard this as a political issue."
- The Bank of Japan risks falling out of sync on global easing
"Households are worried about VAT increase in a zero interest rate environment. Further stimulus look to have no impact."
- Time to Relent on 2%? Japan Debates Inflation Target
- The future of monetary policy comes to Washington
"Well, US has huge retail purchasing power from DC plan. Would advise US to consider the cons of central bank eliminating liquidity."
- Japan's core inflation hits two-year low, might push BOJ to ease again soon
- Key Note Address by Commissioner Toshihide Endo Financial Services Agency ICGN Annual Conference 2019, July 16, 2019
"This is an easy to read summary of what JFSA is trying to achieve. It is great if companies' well managed pension funds get high respect, both for being influencial asset owners but also for being respoinsible for longer lifes. "
- How Japan turned against its 'bazooka'-wielding central bank chief
"Credit culture might have been too weak. When negative rates had been introduced, bankers compressed spreads at the same time."
- Japan's Financial Services Agency calls for financial products that focus on longevity risk
"Asset management in a low interest environment is extremely hard for retail investors. Work longer? Spend less?"
- Fund Management in Japan
"Good introduction for anyone interested in Japan business opportunities."
- Kuroda brushes aside view BOJ has run out of tools to ease monetary policy